Heanor Running Club
1) The title of the club shall be Heanor Running Club
2) The objectives of the club shall be: -
To encourage the practice and development of amateur athletics, to provide coaching for members and to organise competitions. To organise teams to represent the club in Championships and Leagues, and in such other competitions as the management committee decide.
The club shall cater for: -
Cross Country Running
Road and Cross Country Relay Running
3) Membership shall be open to persons who are amateurs as defined by United Kingdom Athletics. Each applicant for membership must complete the official application form, and subject to any objection must then be proposed, seconded and elected or otherwise at a properly convened meeting of the committee.
4) The Management of the club shall be vested in a management committee who shall consist of: Chairman, Honorary Treasurer, and Honorary Secretary who shall be the officers of the club. All the foregoing shall be elected at the Annual General meeting and remain in office until the AGM of the following year. The committee shall have the power to fill vacancies if and when they arise. The committee shall also have the power to co-opt members for particular projects, co-opted members shall not have a committee vote.
5) Annual General Meeting. The AGM shall be held in the month of October for the purpose of:
a) Receiving the annual report of the committee.
b) Receiving the audited Statement of Accounts and balance sheet.
c) Electing the officers and committee for the ensuing year.
d) Considering any amendments to the constitutional rules of which due notice has been given to all members. The Chairman or Secretary must receive any proposed change to a constitutional rule by a full member at least 21 days prior to the date of the AGM in order that all members have sufficient notice of the proposal.
6) Affiliations. The club shall seek to be affiliated to the Northern Counties Athletic Association, the English Cross Country Association, and to such other amateur athletic bodies as the management committee consider appropriate in order to carry out the objects of the club.
7) Subscriptions: To be decided at each AGM. The yearly subscription must accompany the application for membership and thereafter is due on the 1st of October in each year.
8) Non-Payment of Subscriptions.
The committee shall have the power to expel any member whose subscription is six months in arrears, providing that one month’s notice in writing shall have been sent by registered or recorded delivery addressed to the members last known address, informing of the proposed action of the committee.
The name and address of any person so expelled from the club shall be sent to the appropriate Area Association and entered in the ‘Black Book’ kept for that purpose. Every person whose name has been entered in the ‘Black Book’ shall be suspended from competing at any meeting held under UKA rules until the liability causing the expulsion, which shall not exceed one year’s subscription, shall be discharged.
9) Resignations. Any member wishing to resign must do so in writing addressed to the Chairman or Secretary. The resignation shall be considered by the committee within one calendar month of receipt and will be held as effective on the date of tendering. Resignation’s will not be accepted if the member is financially indebted to the club, i.e. has not paid his or her subscription for the current year, and acceptance will be withheld until the debt has been discharged.
10) Constitution Amendments. No Constitution rule may be altered, added to, or deleted except at an AGM, or at a monthly meeting and then only by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting.
11) Dissolution. If at any General Meeting a resolution for the dissolution of the club shall be passed by a majority of members present a further Extra-ordinary General Meeting shall be convened, to be held non less than four weeks thereafter (of which two weeks written notice shall be given to each member) to further consider the matter.
The members may vote to wind up the Club if not less than three quarters of those present and voting to support that proposal at a properly convened Extra-ordinary General Meeting. If successful, the committee shall proceed to realize the property of the Club and discharge all liabilities.
Any property after the discharge of debts and liabilities of the Club shall be paid to or distributed to another community amateur sports club for road running or athletics, or to the relevant governing body, as nominated at the Extra-ordinary General Meeting.